What is EBGA Real Ale Festival?
This page focuses on the premier event of the year for the EBGA. It is also the first and only one of it's type in all of Alberta - a dedicated cask ale festival.
An event centered around the creative minds of brewers and celebrating their ability to create naturally conditioned ales that both take inspiration from tradition and contemporary brewing practices.
Click the image below to download the 2019 EBGA Real Ale Festival poster!
Edmonton Beer Geeks Anonymous
Real Ale Festival 2019
Edmonton Beer Geeks Anonymous is a Society founded on the principles of supporting local craft brewers and organically building the community surrounding them.
Naturally Conditioned Real Ale is as much alive as the brewers and beer geeks that seek it. Real Ale is unfiltered and unpasteurized method of preparing beer.
EBGA Real Ale Festival will feature breweries from across Western Canada - a complete list of breweries will be released via the EBGA monthly newsletter and social media as it evolves.
2019 marks the 8th iteration of EBGA Real Ale Festival. Much like the past couple of years we are hosting the event out-of-doors.
The venue is the outdoor hockey rink at the Ritchie Community League. The outdoor hockey rink gives the event a larger space, allowing more patrons, and opening up the event to the fresh air seems to fit well with naturally conditioned ales!
The $30 admission ticket gets you:
- 1 (one) custom EBGA Real Ale Festival 2019 take-home glass
- 1 (one) event re-entry wristband
- 3 (three) beer tokens, 5oz per token
- 1 (one) door prize draw ticket
5oz of Real Ale = $1.50
10oz of Real Ale = $3.00
Patrons should note that ALL of the casks will be tapped at the beginning of the EBGA Real Ale Festival and pour until the casks run dry! Availability will be on a first-come, first-served, first-enjoyed basis!
Food at EBGA Real Ale Festival will be available from a favourite local establishment:
Northern Chicken - known for their soul food, love of music, good beer, and great personalities - will prepare a few offerings to snack on while the beers are sampled.
Please remember to bring either an electronic (preferred), or paper copy of your Eventbrite ticket to EBGA Real Ale Festival.
Please enjoy these unique, naturally conditioned ales responsibly and with the respect they deserve. Do not drink and drive.
WHEN: 7 September 2019, 1pm - 8pm
WHERE: Ritchie Community League Hall (7727 98 street)
Tickets to EBGA Real Ale Festival 2019 can be purchased here
Please use the Contact Us page to send us any questions or comments, thanks!
- 4th Meridian Brewing Co. (Lloydminster)
- Alley Kat Brewing Company (Edmonton)
- Ale Architect (Edmonton)
- Analog Brewing Company (Edmonton)
- Annex Ale Project (Calgary)
- Apex Predator Brewing (Yellowhead County)
- Banded Peak Brewing (Calgary)
- Banff Ave Brewing (Banff)
- Belly Hop Brewing (Red Deer)
- Bent Stick Brewing Co. (Edmonton)
- Big Rock Brewery (Calgary)
- Blind Enthusiasm Brewing Company (Edmonton)
- Blindman Brewing (Lacombe)
- Brewsters Brewing Company (Calgary)
- Cabin Brewing Company (Calgary)
- Canmore Brewing Co. (Canmore)
- Cannery Brewing (Penticton, BC)
- Caravel Craft Brewery (Calgary)
- Citizen Brewing Company (Calgary)
- Common Crown Brewing Co. (Calgary)
- Coulee Brew Co. (Lethbridge)
- Dandy Brewing Company (Calgary)
- Eighty-Eight Brewing Co. (Calgary)
- Endeavour Brewing Company (St. Albert)
- Establishment Brewing Company (Calgary)
- Field & Forge Brewing Co. (Innisfail)
- Fitzsimmons Brewing Company (Airdrie)
- Folding Mountain Brewing (Yellowhead County)
- Grain Bin Brewing Co. (Grande Prairie)
- Grizzly Paw Brewing Co. (Canmore)
- Half Hitch Brewing Co. (Cochrane)
- Hard Knox Brewery (Black Diamond)
- Hell's Basement Brewery (Medicine Hat)
- High Country Brewing (Leduc)
- New Level Brewing (Calgary)
- Norsemen Brewing Co. (Camrose)
- Oldman River Brewing (Lundbreck)
- Olds College Brewery (Olds)
- Omen Brewing (Edmonton)
- Origin Malting & Brewing (Strathmore)
- OT Brewing Company (Calgary)
- Parallel 49 Brewing (Vancouver, BC)
- Prairie Dog Brewing (Calgary)
- Red Hart Brewing (Red Deer County)
- Ribstone Creek Brewery (Edgerton)
- Rural Routes Brewing Company (Leduc)
- Sawback Brewing Co. (Red Deer)
- Sea Change Brewing Co. (Edmonton)
- Siding 14 Brewing Company (Ponoka)
- Situation Brewing (Edmonton)
- Snake Lake Brewing Company (Sylvan Lake)
- SYC Brewing Co. (Edmonton)
- Theoretically Brewing Co. (Lethbridge)
- The Growlery Beer Co. (Edmonton)
- Township 24 Brewing (Chestermere)
- Town Square Brewing (Edmonton)
- Troubled Monk Brewery (Red Deer)
- Undercurrent Brewing (Sylvan Lake)
- Wild Rose Brewery (Calgary)
- Yellowhead Brewery (Edmonton)
- Yukon Brewing (Whitehorse, YT)